Things to Do Around Equestrian House
The area around Equestrian House is serene country. We hope you enjoy the peace, quiet and privacy at Pocono’s Best Country Getaway. There may be times, though, when you may want to venture outside of the private property, to one of the nearby camps, the Elk Mountain Skiing resort, or other attractions.
Before your visit, contact our Events and Activities Coordinator at email@example.com. We can help you to schedule ACTIVITIES, EVENTS, CATERING, or that SPECIAL SOMETHING. With just a little bit of advanced planning, we can make your vacation at Equestrian House truly memorable!
Use these links for listings of some of our recommended places to visit while up here in northeast PA, Wayne County.
Shopping and Groceries
Houses of Worship
Big Box Shopping and Groceries
- Walmart Supercenter, 777 Willow Avenue, Honesdale, PA 18431 – about 20 miles (www.walmart.com/store/2480-honesdale); other Walmart Supercenters are in Monticello and the Scranton area.
- Home Depot next to the Walmart in Honesdale; others in the Monticello, Wilkes-Barre area.
- Preston Country Market – nearest convenience store and gas station (milk, groceries, convenience items, gas) – 10 miles.
- Several stores in the Honesdale area – about 15 miles away.
- CVS, 202 4th St, Honesdale, PA 18431 – 16.4 miles.
- Rite Aid, 1184 Texas Palmyra Hwy, Honesdale, PA 18431 – 18.4 miles.
- Walmart Supercenter, 777 Willow Avenue, Honesdale, PA 18431 – about 20 miles; other Walmart Supercenters are in Monticello and the Scranton area.
- Red Schoolhouse Restaurant, 1732 Bethany Turnpike, Pleasant Mt. PA 18453, (570)448- 2130. At the intersection of Rt.670 and Rt. 247. theredschoolhouse.com – 6 miles – $$.
- Candlelight Inn, PA-374, Union Dale, PA 18470, (570) 679-4000 – 12 miles – $$.
- Como Pizza (and Sushi) – All food is strictly Kosher under the supervision of Rabbi Mark Dratch – Located on Rt. 247, Lake Como PA 18437. Make a right out of the property on Rt. 247 and it’s located about 7 miles on the right. (570) 798-0110 – $$. They are closed on the Sabbath.
- BISTRO 1202, located in the Hotel Wayne (1202 Main St, Honesdale, PA 18431), is Honesdale’s only AAA-rated restaurant offering classic and creative American cuisine with some French and Asian influences. The Executive Chef is a family member and a CIA graduate. Open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner. 570-253-3290. www.hotelwayne.com – 15 miles – $$$.
- Elegante Pizza and Italian Restaurant, 851 Main St, Honesdale, PA 18431, 570-253-3244, www.eleganterestaurant.com – 16 miles – $$.
- Two Guys from Italy, 1199 Texas Palmyra Hwy D, Honesdale, PA 18431, twoguyshonesdale.com – 18 miles – $$.
- Several restaurants and fast-food places (McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts, Taco Bell, Wendy’s Pizza Hut, etc.) in the Honesdale area – about 18 miles away – $.
Nearest Places of Worship
- St. Juliana Church, (Roman Catholic) 612 Hudson Street, Rock Lake, PA 18453, (570) 448-2211 – 2.9 Miles.
- St. James R.C. Church, (Roman Catholic) 361 Great Bend Turnpike, Pleasant Mount, PA 18453, (570) 448-2211 – 7.9 miles.
- Temple Beth Israel, (Synagogue) 615 Court St, Honesdale, PA 18431, (570) 253-2222 – 16.3 miles.
- Bethany United Methodist Church, 3 Court Street, Bethany, PA 18431, 570-253-6682 – 12.7 miles.
- Additional places to worship in Honesdale area.
Activities and Tourism
Equestrian House is located in Wayne County, PA. The county seat and nearest town is Honesdale.
- VisitHonesdalePA.com has information about local events, music festivals, train excursions, and fairs that you can participate in. We have left several brochures in your room for your perusal.
- Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau has information on happenings in Wayne County and the adjacent counties in the region that makes up the Poconos in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
Nearest Summer Camps
We welcome summer camp parents! June and July are peak months for summer camps in the Poconos, and many are near Equestrian House. Contact them directly to ask about their dates, programs and prices, and open houses or tours.
- Wayne County Camps
List of 32 camps all within a 30-mile radius
- Go Pocono
Has a listing of summer camps for kids that you can search by town (search Honesdale)
- Camp Cayuga
Non-sectarian coed sleepaway camp for ages 6-16
- Camp Towanda
Co-ed and Jewish sleepaway camp for campers aged 6-17